Tuesday, May 26, 2009

A Toledo Area Secret - Mr Freeze - Toledo and Perrysburg, Ohio



I have been traveling to the Toledo area since I was a young boy. I have never heard of Mr Freeze until about a month ago. Somebody from work let me in on this secret. Mr Freeze is an ice cream place located at 2031 N McCord Rd in Toledo and 627 W South Boundary in Perrysburg, Ohio. They are known for their Turtle Sundae and Buckeye Sundae. They come in a styrofoam cup. The Turtle was loaded with ice cream caramel sauce, pecans, chocolate and whipped cream. The Buckye Sundae had ice cream, peanut butter filled buckye candy, peanut butter sauce, chocolate sauce and whipped cream. I ordered a small and it was all I could do to finish it. They have a lot of choices not mentioned here. The prices are very reasonable. There is one thing, be prepared to stand in line for a while. Evidently some people are already in on the secret!

2 comments:

Joyce said...

Oh my gosh - sounds like something to die for - Turtle Sundae. I would make Jack get the other one & then we could share.
But don't forget the lbs. this will put on - darn it.
Love, Joyce

Michael Clark said...

Dad and Rebel thanks for taking me and sabrina to mr freeze it was really good. I got the banana cream pie sundae and Sabrina got the strawberry shortcake sundae. But u already know that u took us...

Your son
Michael